Monday, March 19, 2018

Pictures or Not?


You’ll have to be patient with me.  After all these years I just can’t change the way I work in the kitchen. The idea that I must stop at every step or so to take a picture of what I’m doing seems to run counter to the relaxation that being in the kitchen brings.  I’ll do my best to give some sort of picture of the finished product but let’s be honest, I’m more likely to start tasting, eating the entire contents of my plate of food before I remember to share with you by taking a picture…but, if you were in the room with me…that’s a different story…you’d be tasting, maybe even before me, helping me correct the seasoning, suggesting what to pair it with. So, forgive me if I forget to take a picture of my food.  You might just have to be satisfied with a photo of something else in my world like maybe, the almost flowerless orchids that sometime decorate my kitchen table or all my the laundry waiting to be folded or the dirty dishes in the sink.  If you’re really lucky, maybe even my kitchen garden; if I can remember before the deer decide it is their buffet table, because, after all, these things can all be seen or happen in My Kitchen.




Oh, in that bowl was a mixed green salad topped with a homemade black bean burger and homemade Curtido Kraut (so healthy and filled with natural probiotics!).  In the background my almost flowerless orchid and avocado starts.  

1 comment:

  1. Modernizing a kitchen to make it more enjoyable to work in, to add extra conveniences and time-savers is the ideal of every homemaker.

    Write For Us - Kitchen

    ReplyDelete